By Greta Xhaferi
Do you neglect your muscles by making them feel like they are not an important part of your health and wellbeing? We often ignore muscular aches and pains, dismissing our condition as “normal” or "it's always been like that".
What your muscles are really asking for is a MASSAGE!
Our muscles are extremely important and are responsible for the many imperative tasks in our everyday lives including:
- Facial expressions
Massage is an excellent form of natural healing supporting all aspects of health. It is one of the oldest forms of healing, and is still highly recommended by industry professionals. Massage therapists target areas of discomfort and soreness resulting in excellent muscular care and wellbeing.
Did you know that:
- A 60-minute massage is equivalent to getting 7-8 hours of sleep for your muscles
- Massage helps stimulate the release of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers
- Healthy touch assists in reducing the heart rate and blood pressure
Exceptional self-care options to support your soft tissues are:
- Regular massage (relaxation or remedial)
- Stretching properly before and after exercise
- Self-massage using a foam roller in order to release facially bound areas
- Magnesium salt baths after exercise
- Strength exercises focused on areas of weakness, e.g. gluteal muscles for balance
But wait, there’s more!
According to the article “Massage Boosts the Immune System” (Live Science), research states that “People who received a 45-minute massage had an increased number of lymphocytes, which are white blood cells that play a large role in defending the body from disease”. Immune-boosting activities are topical right now, with the pandemic and winter weather prevailing.
Help to fight those viral cells in a natural way, that not only assists with muscle pain but also provides added support in reducing stress and anxiety.
Musculature care plays such a vital role in how we feel during the day… why not give your body the time and energy it needs to feel 100%.
Our staff @pranatherapies are dedicated to supporting all aspects of your health and wellbeing as well as helping you feel your best self.
If you’re in need of some ‘you’ time or don’t know where to begin, please contact our team!
We’re always here to help :)
Stay warm everyone.